ECOM Call for Proposals: Small Grants for Trans Initiatives 2019
Deadline: 24 June 2019
Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) has opened a call for proposals from LGBTQ community-based organizations and unregistered initiative groups for Small Grants program under the regional program “Right to Health”.
The Goal of the Small Grants Program 2019 is to increase advocacy capacity of trans people, experiencing stigma based on their gender identity, HIV status and other characteristics.
- To strengthen advocacy capacity of community-based organizations that represent trans people, to advocate for the right to health;
- To raise the awareness among trans people on their right to health;
- To advocate for the right to health for trans people through engagement with national and international human rights mechanisms.
Up to 8,000 EUR can be requested.
Supported projects should be implemented during 4 months between August and November 2019.
Trans people, including all cross- and sub-groups
Projects’ activities supported within this Small Grants Program can include but are not limited to the following:
- Advocacy activities, including media campaigns, etc.;
- Needs assessment, as a tool for advocacy activities within the proposed project;
- Data collection on stigma and discrimination and human rights violations in public sector;
- Educational activities (seminars, workshops, training sessions, development of training manuals, etc.);
- Capacity building and organizational development
- Within this Call for Proposals, ECOM invites non-governmental community-based organizations and unregistered initiative groups from the following countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, North Macedonia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, and Ukraine.
- The priority will be given to trans community based organizations and initiative groups working from within ECOM members, and to organizations and initiative groups that did not participate in ECOM’s Small Grants Program in 2017 and 2018 as independent sub-recipients or as implementing initiative groups. In addition, other things being equal, priority will be given to new organizations and initiative groups. Applications from consortia of organizations will not be supported.
Applications will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Applicant is a legal organization or an unregistered initiative group established by trans people and based in one of the following countries of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, North Macedonia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, and Ukraine;
- Meaningful involvement of trans people in the organization is confirmed (trans community representatives are among the organization’s staff and members and Board members; Articles and strategic documents of the organization explicitly define trans people as a (one of the) target group(s); the organization’s activities are aimed at trans people etc.).
- Applicant has a mechanism that ensures quality and transparent financial management (using their own structures and procedures, or a financial agent that will provide the necessary quality of financial management).
- Objectives of the proposed project correspond to the goals of this Call for Proposals.
- Proposal has a good quality of the project planning (SMART criteria).
- Applicant demonstrates access to the target group(s) of the proposed project (Facebook and/or Vkontakte groups, mailing lists, regular off-line meetings, etc.).
How to Apply
Applicants should submit full proposals online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://ecom.ngo/en/small-grants-for-trans-initiatives-2019/