UNDP/Uganda Seeking Proposals for Climate Action Challenge Grant
Deadline: 7 June 2019
The Government of Uganda with support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is implementing the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) is seeking proposals for its Climate Action Challenge Grant to improve livelihoods through climate actions that build national resilience and contribute to mitigation of climate change.
The project aims to support the government of Uganda to achieve transformational change by scaling up public and private investments in climate change actions to deliver long-term sustainable development and promoting low carbon climate resilient development.
The project is implemented by Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Water and Environment/Climate Change Department (MWE/CCD), with funding by the European Union and the governments of Germany and Spain as a contribution to the NDC Partnership, and technical support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The Responsible Parties of the project include National Planning Authority (NPA), Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic Development (MOFPED) and the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU).
The UNDP in conjunction with Climate Change Department/Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) under the NDC support Programme has established an innovation challenge for climate actions in mitigation and adaptation. UNDP in collaboration with the Climate Change Department MWE invites applications/proposals from registered enterprises, NGOs, CSOs and groups that are female and youth led for grants implementing ongoing and innovative climate actions and initiatives and contributing to the implementation of Uganda’s NDC.
- Create the right financial incentives for projects to invest in climate change mitigation technologies and contribute to climate action/NDC implementation
- Boost growth and competitiveness by empowering companies/groups to adopt low carbon technologies/innovations
- Foster participation of women and youth in the implementation of mitigation actions
- Support innovative low-carbon technologies in reaching the market for example increasing access to renewable energy services at grassroot levels.
- Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency
- Waste Management
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Water resource management
The grant shall between US$ 5,000 to US$ 10,000 per project and the project should be implemented between 8 months – 1 year from the receipt of the grants.
- The climate action challenge grant will focus on women and youth-led innovative technology solutions with high impacts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, contribute to NDC implementation and sustainable development. The proposals that demonstrate innovative approaches that integrate local enterprises and communities, particularly women and youth projects at grass/local or local levels are preferred.
- Priority will be given to proposals that respond to the following aspects:
- Projects that invest in climate change mitigation and adaptation technologies by contributing to NDC implementation and those that demonstrate innovative concepts
- Organizations that are implementing ongoing projects and those that have innovative ideas that are facing financial challenges to expand or can demonstrate that a grant will leverage more substantial funding to implement activities
- Foster participation of women and youth in the implementation of climate actions
- Organizations, CSOs, Entrepreneurs, women or youth led initiatives that reach vulnerable groups of people and engage stakeholders that would not normally be involved in the more centralized project activities
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=56032