Partnership for Innovation Program in Uzbekistan Grant Competition
Deadline: 5 June 2019
The Nationwide movement Yuksalish and the Civil Society Development Association (ARGO) (Kazakhstan), with the financial support of USAID, have launched the Partnership for Innovation Program in Uzbekistan.
The goal of the Partnership for Innovation program is to increase the role of civil society in Uzbekistan by supporting and developing constructive and effective interaction between civil society institutions, government bodies and the business community.
The purpose of the grant competition is to increase the participation of civil society in the processes of discussion and adoption by state / municipal bodies of decisions that affect public interests.
Public Participation Projects may include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Involvement of the project’s target groups in the process of developing and public monitoring / control of the implementation of social programs at the national and / or local level in order to promote increased transparency and accountability of state / municipal bodies;
- Development and promotion of recommendations of NGOs on the results of public monitoring, control and examination of state or municipal programs in the social sphere through constructive dialogue with authorities at various levels of decision-making (for example, local government (municipalities), the republican level);
- Implementation of recommendations by NGOs by national and local decision-makers (based on the results of implemented projects, analytical and expert research, etc.).
Thematic areas may include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Human Rights;
- Gender equality;
- Rights of People with Disabilities;
- And etc.
- Grant implementation period: up to 12 months
- Grant amount: up to $ 7,000
- Applications are accepted from NGOs of the Republic of Uzbekistan that are members of Public Councils having established partnerships with public councils.
- Only one application is accepted from one NGO;
- The project should be designed for a period of up to 12 months;
- Experience of successful projects in the field of public participation at the local and / or national levels;
- NGOs should not be affiliated with various political forces (parties, movements, leaders, etc.)
- The list of documents that must be submitted to the grant applicants:
- A completed application (in accordance with the prescribed format);
- A copy of the Certificate of registration of a legal entity (without notarization);
- Copy of the Charter of a legal entity (without notarization);
- Electronic version of the completed budget (in Excel format in accordance with the prescribed format);
- If a decision is made to finance the proposed project, the following documents will be requested:
- Certificate from the local tax service about the absence of debt;
- Bank certificate of account availability.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted in Uzbek or Russian with the required attachments via email at the address given on the website, with the note “Grant Competition for Uzbekistan: Public Participation”.
For more information, please visit https://uz.usembassy.gov/partnership-for-innovation-program-in-uzbekistan-grant-competition-continues/