U.S. Mission to North Macedonia seeking Proposals to Develop and Implement a Series of Tabletop Exercises
Deadline: 28 June 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Skopje Public Affairs Section invites U.S. and North Macedonia-based non-profit/non-governmental organizations to develop and implement municipal-level tabletop exercises to help build and strengthen municipal response mechanisms to violent extremism and terrorism.
The U.S. Embassy seeks program proposals that will develop and implement a series of tabletop exercises (fictional case studies) in 3 to 6 municipalities in North Macedonia, in cooperation with the U.S. Embassy in Skopje, the National Committee for Countering Violent Extremism and Countering Terrorism, and other stakeholder organizations in North Macedonia. The exercises should walk municipal stakeholders in 3 to 6 different cities through fictional case study examples of radicalization. The exercises should help stakeholders determine possible interventions, identify local needs, build relationships across different fields and areas of responsibility, and to help cities to address terrorist recruitment and issues related to returning foreign fighters. Successful program proposals will also take steps to strengthen local multi-stakeholder networks to address community vulnerabilities, terrorist recruitment, and rehabilitation, and help to connect leaders in key municipalities with national CVE and CT efforts and organizations. The awardee should coordinate this activity with other ongoing activities to strengthen local level CVE efforts.
- Developing exercise scenarios and selecting sites in close cooperation with partner organizations.
- Managing all logistics for implementation of the series of exercises.
- Building capacity of stakeholders at the municipal level to address extremist recruitment and the pathways to radicalization.
- Helping local and national stakeholders identify local needs to address extremist recruitment and threats of radicalization to violent extremism.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $75,000
- Award Ceiling: $75,000
- Award Floor: $45,000
- Eligibility is limited to U.S. and North-Macedonia-based non-profit/nongovernmental organizations. For-profit organizations are not eligible to apply.
Cost share is not required for this application.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States and North-Macedonia
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=316002