Submit Your Project Ideas for “SDG Results: Access to Renewable Energy” (SDG 7 Results) Facility Scheme
Deadline: 4 June 2019
Is your organisation a business, NGO or financial institution and would you like to contribute to access to sustainable energy for those who live in developing countries? If yes, then apply for the SDG Results: Access to renewable energy (SDG 7 Results) facility scheme.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in cooperation with executer Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl), uses the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 7) Results facility as a contribution to sustainable development goals achievements in developing countries.
Payments for this opportunity will be made retrospectively and based on the number of people who have gained access to renewable energy technologies and/or services.
SDG 7 Results’ objective is to give 2 million people in developing countries access to renewable energy. Projects should contribute to the following result areas:
- Access to electricity in homes.
- Access to clean cooking in homes.
The facility also contributes to the following additional goals:
- Low-carbon climate resilient development.
- Less gender inequality, in particular with regards to women and girls.
- Private sector development and employment.
- Mobilisation of private investments in the decentralised renewable energy sector.
Focus of SDG 7 Results
SDG 7 Results is based on the following key principles:
- Payment will be made pending the achievement of the results that are specified in advance. In this case: individuals with access to renewable energy services according to agreed specifications.
- The results will be independently verified prior to payment. The results will be independently verified prior to payment. This will be done by an independent verification agent, procured and paid for by RVO.
- Grant applicants have a degree of flexibility in the way they achieve the results.
- The available budget for the first tender round is €11.25 million.
- Each project can apply for a grant of at least €250,000 and no more than €2.5 million.
The SDG 7 Results facility programme is open for activities in the following countries: Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Chad, Ethiopia, Gambia, India, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, South Sudan.
Conditions for participation
- The project is additional to both the target market as well as the usual business operations of the grant applicant and would be too risky to implement without the grant.
- The project proposal must focus on poor and vulnerable target groups, who cannot be reached without subsidies.
- The key activity for the grant applicant is decentralised renewable energy.
- The activities under the proposal must be carried out in a maximum of 4 years.
- The applicant has at least 3 years experience in the proposed geographical market.
- The applicant is financially stable and can demonstrate his ability to finance the activities.
- The applicant has the relevant licenses for the target market prior to the grant application.
- There are minimum service levels required for the products. For decentralized renewable electricity: tier 1 and for efficient and clean cooking tier 2 according to the Multi-Tier framework of ESMAP. For charcoal stoves, an exception is made regarding the attribute exposure, the emissions on CO will be acceptable at tier 1.
How to Apply
Applicants must first submit a concept note digitally through ePortal (eLoket) via given website.
For more information, please visit https://english.rvo.nl/subsidies-programmes/sdg-results-access-renewable-energy-sdg-7-results