2019 Google.org Impact Challenge to Promote Digital Inclusion in France
Deadline: 5 July 2019
The Google.org Impact Challenge is inviting associations and players in the social and solidarity economy to propose innovative initiatives and projects to promote digital inclusion in France.
In a rapidly changing society, digital literacy has become essential for everyone, both on a daily basis and in the workplace. The Google.org Impact Challenge aims to make digital a synonym for opportunities in France – whether to facilitate the use of the internet for the most vulnerable, to allow everyone to learn how to navigate serenely regardless of age, or having the knowledge to succeed professionally through digital.
- Ten winners will share a total fund of 3 million euros.
- A jury of experts will award three grand prizes and the public will be able to vote for its favorite project, which will win a sum of 600,000 euros.
Type of Projects
They are looking for 3 types of projects:
- Initiatives that allow French people of all ages to acquire the foundation of digital skills useful for using the internet effectively and peacefully, and for adopting good online security reflexes.
- Initiatives that enable unemployed or retrained individuals to use digital technology to succeed.
- Initiatives that allow vulnerable, vulnerable or disabled people to access the Internet and all its opportunities.
- The Google.org Impact Challenge France is an initiative that invites French non-profit organizations and social and solidarity economy businesses to share their vision of innovative ways to promote digital inclusion.
- They invite all French to choose among 10 finalists the project that will have the greatest potential impact on society. Proposals from the finalist organizations will be judged by a jury of experts and the winners will receive a scholarship to help them make their ideas come true.
- Applicants must be in one of the following cases at the time submit their application:
- an association law 1901;
- a solidarity-based enterprise of social utility that fulfills the conditions of the law n ° 2014-856 of July 31, 2014 relating to the social and solidarity economy.
- Organization must have a proven social vocation.
- The Challenge is looking for innovators who understand the specific needs of different categories of French society, and who are working to create new and impactful solutions to promote digital inclusion in France.
- Impact: How will the proposed project improve lives and the whole of society? How many people will be affected and to what extent? Is the implementation of the project focused on research and concrete data related to the problem and its solutions?
- Innovation: At the heart of project, what new idea or technology allows it to differentiate itself from others, whether in principle or in execution? How is it unique? How would the proposed project use technology in an innovative and creative way to solve the problem?
- Scale effect: If this project succeeds, can it easily develop on a large scale? Can it serve as a model for other initiatives?
- Feasibility: Has the team agreed on a realistic and detailed plan for implementing the project? Are the leaders of the organization dynamic and with a vision?
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://impactchallenge.withgoogle.com/france2019