Mobility Fund for Civil Society Organisation Experts in the Black Sea Region
Deadline: 15 December 2019
The Mobility Fund for CSO Experts in the Black Sea Region is open for applications and has an overall objective to support the exchange of best practices/ lessons learnt in specific thematic areas among civil society organisations (CSO) experts in the Black Sea Region with the aim of strengthening their capacity to engage in regional cooperation.
The fund will cover mobility costs (international travel, accommodation, meals and local travel) for attending seminars/ workshops/ working meetings/ study visits.
Priority Cooperation Areas
- Supporting formal and informal thematic networks in the following cooperation areas endorsed by voting:
- Priority cooperation areas: Knowledge Networks for Development; Anti-corruption; Civic engagement; Youth; and Education & culture;
- Emerging cooperation areas: Sustainable development; YouthBank; Human rights; Networking; and Media & communication.
- In order to be sensitive to the changing regional context, but also the needs, challenges and opportunities for CSOs, the Black Sea NGO Forum will also take into consideration supporting relevant regional initiatives in other thematic areas than those mentioned above, provided that they contribute to the overall priority of the Forum – offering support to formal and informal thematic regional networks.
- Promoting and supporting enabling environment for CSOs in the Black Sea Region as a cross-cutting priority for the Forum and a pre-requisite for regional cooperation, in the following dimensions:
- Basic legal guarantees of freedoms;
- The framework for CSOs’ viability & sustainability;
- Public institutions/state – CSOs relationships;
- Donor CSO-relationship.
The Eligible Activities (for which the mobility costs can be covered) include active participation and involvement during seminars, workshops, working meetings and study visits taking place in one of the Black Sea Synergy countries that cover specific thematic areas and which have the purpose of exchanging best practices/ lessons learnt, multiplying successful tools and projects and building the capacity of the beneficiary to engage in regional cooperation.
- The Mobility Fund is open to CSO experts from the Black Sea Synergy countries, both non-EU (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, Russia and Turkey) and EU (Bulgaria, Greece and Romania).
- Proposals which address one of the 10 thematic cooperation areas part of the “Strategic Framework for Civil Society Cooperation in the Black Sea Region” will be given priority. However, other thematic areas with potential for regional cooperation might be taken into consideration.
- The Mobility Fund is awarded on an individual basis and can cover: international travel, accommodation, meals and local transport. In order to ensure a wider support through the Mobility Fund, interested candidates can be granted funding maximum 2 times with different applications.
How to Apply
The application must be sent by e-mail at the address given on the website atleast 15 days prior to the date the seminar/ workshop/ working meeting/ study visit takes place.
For more information, please visit http://www.blackseango.org/ongoing-call-for-applications-the-black-sea-ngo-forum-mobility-fund-for-cso-experts-in-the-black-sea-region/