British Embassy in Phnom Penh seeking Proposals to Support Democratic and Sustainable Development
Deadline: 29 May 2019
The British Embassy in Phnom Penh has announced a call for project proposals for the fiscal year 2019 to 2020.
The mission in Cambodia is to support democratic and sustainable development, promote and enable gender equality across the country, improve business environment and build support and capacity for future generations of Cambodia’s political and business leaders.
Some specific areas of focus are:
- Increasing understanding and highlighting opportunities in TVET (Technical & Vocational Education & Training) including working alongside the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training; the aim being to increase the number of students taking forward TVET career paths across the whole of Cambodia, in order to fill the skills gap that exists in Cambodia, with a particular focus on women.
- Nurturing Cambodia’s future political and business leaders.
- Building capacity, skills and opportunities for women across all of Cambodia and encouraging women’s leadership and empowerment by promoting high achieving Cambodian women.
- Increasing and protecting media freedoms and freedom of expression across the whole of Cambodia.
- Supporting Cambodia with the full implementation of its domestic ivory ban.
- Budgets should be for activities, undertaken from mid-June 2019 to March 2020.
- Each activity within the project can cost no more than $13,000 and the overall project can cost no more than $80,000.
- The Embassy is looking for creative and original ideas which could help to achieve any of the above-mentioned goals. Successful bids will be for innovative activities that will have the greatest impact and deliver real change.
- The Embassy is interested in proposals focusing on activities that will bring about concrete outcomes rather than purely on seminars, workshops or the production of research reports as ends in themselves.
Activities not eligible for funding
Activities focused on service delivery or activities that support military, religious affairs, construction activities, capital costs, or mainly staff salaries are ineligible.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the completed Activity Concept Form and Activity Based Budget Form via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cambodia-call-for-project-proposals-20192020–2