U.S. Embassy in Mongolia accepting Applications for 2019-2020 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Deadline: 10 June 2019
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program.
The Humphrey Fellowship is a Fulbright program that brings accomplished young and mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and substantive professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
Humphrey Fellowship supports study in sustainable development, democratic institution building, education, and public health.
Interviews will take place in early July 2019. Applicants must attend the interview in person. The Public Affairs Section will select three to six Mongolian candidates for the 2020-2021 Humphrey Fellowship competition. These individuals will compete in a worldwide competition for the final selection for the Humphrey Fellowship.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a Mongolian citizen, currently residing in Mongolia;
- Hold a university degree (at least B.A. or equivalent);
- Have a minimum of five years full-time professional experience (prior to August 2020) in the relevant field, after completing a university degree;
- Demonstrate a commitment to public service and potential for professional advancement;
- Be interested in the policy aspects of their field of specialization;
- Have both the need to participate in the program and the potential to benefit from it; and
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English, and have a valid English language test score of minimum of TOEFL IBT 71, TOEFL ITP/PBT 525, or comparable IELTS score.
Note: The Humphrey Program offers a Long-Term English (LTE) language training opportunity to facilitate the participation of candidates from non-elite populations, rural areas, minority groups, and others who may be excellent candidates but have low English language test score (a minimum of TOEFL ITP/PBT 440, TOEFL IBT 42, or comparable IELTS score). LTE participants take 16-week intensive English language pre-academic program prior their Humphrey program.
All U.S. Government scholarship programs adhere to equal opportunity principles. Any individual who fulfills the program criteria is welcome to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, age, and/or political or religious belief.
How to Apply
To apply, complete the online application via given website.
For more information, please visit https://mn.usembassy.gov/humphrey-2019/