Nominations Open for Visual Arts Bursary Award in the Ireland
Deadline: 13 June 2019
Arts Council is seeking nominations for Visual Arts Bursary Award to support individual professional artists and curators to develop their practice.
It provides artists with the time and resources to think, research, reflect and critically engage with their art.
- The maximum amount that may be awarded to each successful application is €15,000.
- The bursary is available for up to one year; multi-annual awards will not be made.
- The award is open to practising visual artists or curators working in all genres and at all stages of their professional careers. To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- There are certain exceptions where the Arts Council may deem eligible applications made by those based outside the Republic of Ireland. However, before admitting as eligible any such application, the applicant would need to explicitly outline within the application how the Visual Arts Bursary Award 2019: Guidelines for Applicants outcomes of any such proposal would benefit the arts in the Republic of Ireland, and the Arts Council must be satisfied with same.
- Be professional practising artists or curators – although applicants might not earn income continuously or exclusively from their artistic practice, applicants must identify thereselves, and be recognised by their peers, as a professional practising artist or curator.
- The Arts Council is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from individuals within culturally diverse communities and from people with disabilities.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.artscouncil.ie/Funds/Visual-arts-bursary-award/