Submit Applications for Daiwa Foundation’s Awards Program
Deadline: 30 September 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the Daiwa Foundation Awards.
The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation is a UK charity, established in 1988 with a generous benefaction from Daiwa Securities Co Ltd. The Foundation’s purpose is to support closer links between Britain and Japan. It does this by awarding scholarships; by providing grants to support collaboration between British and Japanese groups and individuals; and by organising a year-round series of events at the Foundation’s headquarters in central London.
Awards of £7,000-£15,000 are available for collaborative projects that enable British and Japanese partners to work together in the context of an institutional relationship.
- Daiwa Foundation Awards can cover projects in academic, professional, arts, cultural and educational fields.
- Awards seek to encourage the development and sustainability of UK-Japan partnerships between such organisations as museums and art galleries, theatres and performing arts groups, schools and universities, and grassroots and professional bodies.
- Any project which involves a significant level of collaboration between British and Japanese partners can be considered.
- Daiwa Foundation Awards cannot be used for:
- Any project that does not involve both a British and a Japanese partner.
- General appeals.
- Capital expenditure (eg, building refurbishment, equipment acquisition, etc).
- School, college or university fees.
- Research or study by an individual school/college/university student.
- Salary costs or professional fees.
- Commissions for works of art.
- Retrospective grants.
- Replacement of statutory funding.
- Commercial activities.
How to Apply
- UK-based applicants can apply online via given website.
- Applications from Japan must be sent via postal address at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://dajf.org.uk/grants-awards-prizes/daiwa-foundation-awards