Wellcome Trust announces Small Grants in Humanities and Social Science 2019
Deadline: 11 July 2019
Wellcome Trust Foundation is seeking applications for its Small Grants in Humanities and Social Science 2019 that enable researchers to build professional networks, develop new research agendas and increase the impact of their work.
- The Level of Funding is Usually up to £30,000.
- Duration of funding usually 6 to 12 months but can be longer.
- Research expenses for small-scale projects. Modest personal support or salary expenses may also be requested, but must be carefully justified.
- Materials and consumables
- Travel and subsistence
- Other costs
- Conference and meeting costs.
- Applicants can apply for a Small Grant if they are a humanities or social science researcher with a compelling research vision and applicants want to do one or more of the following:
- Build their professional network.
- Develop a new research agenda.
- Increase the impact of their work.
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent and the relevant experience to deliver a programme of activities.
- Applicants must be based at a university or other research organisation in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker via given website.
Eligible Countries: U.K, Republic of Ireland, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China (People’s Republic of), Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/schemes/small-grants-humanities-and-social-science