Call for Bids for the 2019 Panama Programme Fund is now open
Deadline: 15 May 2019
British Embassy Panama City is inviting applicants for its Panama Programme Fund in order to create the right conditions for growth in Panama, seeking to deliver real, measurable outcomes in support of development in the country.
The priorities include supporting smart and inclusive infrastructure development and improving the wellbeing of citizens. Over time, they expect these projects to create opportunities for international companies, including UK companies.
- Typical projects should range in value up to USD 15,000 (with a minimum bid size of USD 5,000) and should aim to work with organisations from the government, civil society and the private sector.
- Projects must have completed 85% of spend by the 31 December 2019, and completed all activities by the 31 March 2020.
They are looking for project bids in the following areas:
- Business Environment
- Anti-corruption and transparency – Supporting Panama’s work to improve transparency in the country, working towards international standards and initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, public procurement, reducing bribery and helping Panama to deliver on its Open Government Partnership commitments.
- Ease of doing business – tackling bureaucracy and red tape and improving government processes.
- Using innovation and new technologies to improve the business environment.
- Financial Services
- Regulation and enforcement – to provide capacity building and advice on developing and enforcing financial services regulation, including on Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Terrorism Financing.
- International Standards – to support Panama in the continued adoption of international standards and norms in the financial services sector, implementing recommendations of international organisations such as IMF, Global Forum, GAFI/FATF, etc.
- Science – strengthening Panama’s science base, particularly focussed on STEM education.
- Vocational education – supporting Panama in delivering vocational education, specifically around digitalisation and computer technology.
- Energy and Climate Change
- Energy policy – helping Panama deliver on its national energy plan (Plan Energetico Nacional: 2015-2050).
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation – supporting Panama to meet its COP 21 commitments on climate change.
- Green Finance – helping to support Panama’s development of a Green Finance policy.
- Value for money.
- Evidence of local demand/need.
- Project viability, including the capacity of implementing organisation(s).
- Project design, including clear, achievable objectives/outputs.
- Good risk and stakeholder management.
How to Apply
The Project Proposal Form (including an Activity Based Budget) should be submitted in English via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/panama-programme-fund-call-for-bids-2019