Applications Open for SAARC Research Grant Islamic Cultural Trails
Deadline: 30 June 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Research Grant that will provide an opportunity for the Member States to explore new research areas and sites along the Islamic Cultural Trails. This will also act as a precursor to the Cultural Trails proposed for the future and lay the groundwork in research to look at Cultural Trails as connected routes where ideas, information and knowledge travelled in all directions.
The “South Asian Cultural Trails” was approved by the 18th SAARC Summit in Kathmandu in November 2014. The Islamic Cultural Trails is the third Research Grant on South Asian Cultural Trails and was approved by the 10th Governing Board Meeting of the SAARC Cultural Centre and the 56th Session of the Programming Committee of SAARC.
- To encourage new research through the SAARC Research Grants on the Cultural Trails of the SAARC Region.
- To encourage new research on identification of new sites, locations, cultural trails, tangible and intangible heritage associated with Islamic Cultural Trails.
- To facilitate new research and new approaches to study the Islamic Cultural Trails as an integrated entity.
- To study and analyse all different perspectives and areas which influenced the establishment, development and continuation of the Cultural Trails in the Region.
- To present innovative measures for the conservation and preservation of tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the SAARC Region.
- Islamic Cultural Trails
- Identification of New Sites and Locations
- Comparative Studies
- Comparative Research and interpretation
- Cultural Symbolism
- Art and Architecture
- Intangible Heritage
- Trade and Commerce
- Manuscripts, texts and inscriptions, languages and script
- Cultural Diffusion
- Heritage Management
- Tourism promotion
- One research proposal will be selected from each Member State to be awarded the short-term Research Grant of US$ 1,000/=.
- The selection of Research Proposals will be carried out by a team of experts selected by the SAARC Cultural Centre.
- Academics, Scholars and Researchers of the SAARC Member States.
- Academics, Scholars and Researchers who have received Research Grants from the SAARC Cultural Centre previously will not be eligible.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2IST0Dg