Counterpart International-ACEP seeking Applications for International Youth Day Grants (IYDG) in Afghanistan
Deadline: 26 April 2019
On behalf of the USAID-funded Afghan Civic Engagement Program (ACEP), Counterpart International Inc. (Counterpart) is inviting applicants to apply for a Fixed Amount Award (FAA) Grant. All Registered CSOs and All Emerging Civil Society Leaders (ECSLs) graduates are encouraged to design, develop and implement activities that promote a sense of responsibility towards peace building activities, conflict resolutions, election awareness, volunteerism, activism and public interest among youth at the community, district and provincial level.
The goal of this Grant is to celebrate International Youth Day by encouraging CSOs and ECSLs to design, develop and implement activities that promote a sense of responsibility towards peace building activities, any initiatives that leads to increasing sense of national unity, respect, culture of tolerance, acceptance and integration of combatants into communities. Initiatives can be at different level of either national or sub-national level. They also encourage CSO and ECSLs to brings together youth to discuss about innovative work, intercultural dialogue (conflict affective areas, victims of violence, between provinces) that promote peace and promote voices that is against violence and radicalization. Series of events that increase youth social skills and personal development and initiative process for youth active participation in society especially in peace processes and election.
Increasing role of youth in national decision-making, informing and reforming policies is key for ACEP, peace and election are two major emerging areas that youth participation and engagement is quite important to make sure it is sustainable and inclusive. These projects are anticipated to advocate for increasing youth participation and engagement into these two major issues including peace and election.
Each FAA grant shall be for a three-month period of time (01 Jun 2019– 30 Aug 2019) and cannot exceed Afghani AFS 1,150,000 (One million One Hundred Fifty Thousand Afghani).
It is anticipated that at least one of the following outcomes will be achieved upon completion of grant activities:
- IDY 2019 is celebrated showcasing contribution by youth in Afghanistan’s current national efforts underway (election and peace talks).
- Awareness is created among youth about current political issues in country and how they can play an active role in the current context for enhancement of peace, role of youth, women and civil society in peace process is further recognized and increased. Youth awareness about importance of election increased, youth have better understanding of their role in increasing integrity in election and keep winners of the election accountable to their pledges.
Counterpart will accept applications from organizations that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Peacebuilding and reconciliation:
- Applicants must be an Afghan Civil Society Organization, holding valid registration certificates from the Ministry of Economy and/or the Ministry of Justice, should be formally constituted, recognized by and in good standing with appropriate Government authorities, have its principle place of business in the recipient country, and compliant with all applicable civil and fiscal regulations
- The applicant cannot be currently implementing another grant awarded by ACEP.
- Applicants must have established outreach capabilities with linkages to the beneficiary group(s) identified in the program description.
- Applicants must display sound management in the form of financial, administrative, and technical policies and procedures and present a system of internal controls that safeguard assets; protect against fraud, waste, and abuse; and support the achievement of program goals and objectives. ACEP will assess this capability prior to awarding a grant.
- Applicants must be based or be able to travel to the provinces they are applying for.
How to Apply
Complete applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.acbar.org/rfq/8642.jsp