U.S. Embassy in Jordan announces Small Grants Annual Program Statement
Deadline: 15 July 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Jordan’s Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
Public Affairs Section small grants are focused on projects that clearly support their mission priorities. The Small Grants Program will focus on the below Strategic Priorities:
- Encourage young people to take action in planning out their studies and identifying employment opportunities.
- Inspire young people to take part in civil society and become more involved in their communities.
- Support broad-based, inclusive economic growth in Jordan.
Proposals should describe both the primary and secondary audiences for the program, including numbers anticipated to be reached. Primary audiences are those who will participate directly in the program, while secondary audiences are those who will be reached by the project’s primary audiences, as a result of their participation. For example, in a teacher training program, the primary audience would be the teachers who will be trained, while the secondary audience would be their students. Audiences who are considered a priority for grants funded under this APS are:
- Jordanian youth under age 30
- Areas outside the Greater Amman Municipality
Award amounts up to $10,000. Awards larger than $10,000 may be possible but are very rare.
- The Public Affairs Section at U.S. Embassy Jordan encourages applications from the United States and Jordan:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- Governmental institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: United States and Jordan
For more information, please visit https://jo.usembassy.gov/embassy/jordan/sections-offices/public-diplomacy/small-grants/