Advantages and Disadvantages of Having a University Degree From an Online School
Education has become versatile in various ways. There are almost no barriers to obtaining education at any level. Having a University Degree is the desire of most people as it gives better employment opportunities in most cases, it also help to increase marketability of one’s skills. Given that there are certain talents which one may have but with a university degree it becomes harnessed and enhanced to secure some income or financial security. The cost of having online degree has been a long challenge for most people especially given that some families may not be able to afford the pay for the high tuition of such ventures however a lot of people do not give up on their academic pursuit while others have to do away with it if the funds are not forth coming.
Online education has come to the rescue of some working class people who will be able to obtain a university degree at the same time pay attention to their regular work in order to support the both their personal expenses and the tuition of obtaining the degree.
The following are some of advantages of having a university degree from an online school:
1. Online school provides a convenient academic environment: this is perhaps one of the most important aspects of the online school programs. Students have the learning convenience. all you have to do is to find out the program outline for your chosen course and follow it through without having to disrupt most of your already established schedules
2. When obtaining a university degree from an online school, you don’t have to quit your job especially if you need to work to earn the tuition. this opportunity to work and school has made it easier for people who would not have been able to pay for their tuition had they quit their jobs to go to a university
3. Online university degree matches exactly the same as any other degree. There is no indication that certificate obtained from an online school will identify you as having studied online. in fact the degree is exactly the same with the ones obtained from the conventional classroom system
4. The curriculum of online school is practically the same with those of any other conventional school.
5. Online university degree gives the holder an academic edge. you can compare your status when you obtain a university degree online with that time you did not have the degree at all. you will realize that the impact of the degree is very positive
In as much as the online university degree has several advantages, there are however a few disadvantages to note.
1. Online university degree may be considered of lesser value by some organizations. this may purely be due to organizational reasons
2. The usual student to student and/or student to lecturer interaction is often missing during an online program. it is undeniable that there are several impacts of face to face contact with study groups and class rooms, the virtual nature of online programs may deny every student that opportunity
3. Online university degree may take longer to complete. This may be due to the virtual study nature of the program. Students may take longer time to understand what is being taught than they would in a regular classroom set.
4. Student running an online degree may have difficulty in understanding the topics on their own.
In conclusion online university degree is gaining a lot of popularity as working class people have found it very useful to support themselves and achieve their academic dreams. Furthermore there are some universities that offer free courses to interested students who will also obtain some diploma at the end of the program. Such certificates have also been useful in promoting the job status of the graduates of such universities. You may find http://www.walschuniversity.us a useful link for your online education program